Thursday 9 February 2012

This week...

...I completed my February blocks for the Craftsy Block of the Month.. this month's theme was half square triangles.

Block #3 - Balkan Puzzle

Block #4 - Chunky Chevron

My completed Jan & Feb blocks
And I ordered my backing fabric for this quilt... Julie from The Intrepid Thread has her Delighted fabrics on clearance at the moment so I ordered the Blue Mosaic & Blue Main for the backing and the Pink Daisy to bind it. I love knowing there's fabric in the mail!

I've also been working on my mini quilt for The Name Game Swap - it's nearly ready to post, I just have to do up a quilt label for it (trust me to forget to do it until after I've quilted and bound it!).. I won't show you the finished quilt because I'd hate to ruin the surprise for my swap partner, but here's a little sneak peek of the quilt top (before I did the name part!)



I've also been helping organise a second hive for the Quilt Club Australia skill building bee.. I'm pretty excited - it's my first bee! This month Waverlee's chosen a string block in gorgeous red and aqua. Phillipa and I spent part of the morning raiding our stashes and auditioning fabrics for our bee blocks. Just need to sew them up now (I could have done them tonight, but I decided to blog instead!).. My month will be later in the year because I'm thinking of doing a paper pieced block and as it's a skill builder it's better to do "harder" blocks later on so you don't scare people off, right?

While I was at Phillipa's I spent some time working on my project for the "Go! Ahead and Show a Little Love" blog hop that starts in.... 4 days! Stay tuned, people... there might be a giveaway right here on this little old blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Online Quilting Class