Wednesday 30 May 2012

More bee blocks


 Jane (March Bee Leader) was one Dresden short for her quilt, and I was already planning to post her a little something because she's always doing lovely things for people, and her customer service is above and beyond.. so it made sense to quickly whip her up another Dresden to add to my package. While the overall construction time was low, it took me over a week because we've had a couple of full-on weeks on the home front (and with moving time looming closer, could be a few more crazy weeks in the pipeline!). I am pleased to say that I was finally able to post Jane her package today, and with luck she should receive it by Friday! I hope she likes her surprise :)

Mock needleturn hearts
Today Phillipa and I caught up for a well deserved sewing day.. the last few weeks have seen Belinda, Phillipa and I having to constantly reschedule! I made Phillipa's other bee block last month when she was testing it out, but when McKenna joined our bee hive earlier this month and we had to cut another set of pieces I figured that I might as well cut enough so I could do the "easy" block too.

I really enjoyed the needleturn applique - I can definitely see myself using it for other projects, including customised tshirts/skirts for Blossom. But I'm all for lazy short cuts that make my life easier!

My finished block

A close up of my clover leaf
 I laid out all Phillipa's blocks (ok, so she only had our 4 plus one from Sue - the rest are still in transit or under construction) and I think they are going to look lovely once they're all laid out together.. I love the way the flower blocks form a lattice, and the clover leaves link in too... there's so much movement :) I could see myself thefting the flower block and using it again for a little girl/baby quilt, or as part of a larger applique design.

I started on my May Craftsy BOM blocks, but as you can see I didn't get very far! This one is supposed to be the framed wonky log cabin. Unfortunately I ran out of time to sew, and had to go do the school pick up instead!

Linking up with WIP Wednesday on Freshly Pieced:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. You are one busy bee. That flower and clover quilt is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us. queen bees for sale nz

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, please let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Online Quilting Class